What is Role Play?
When little one’s use their imagination to play this is role playing. For example, playing doctors, having a tea party, playing with a doll and acting stories with her, cooking and cleaning.
Role play is seen as an essential part of child development, but why? Below I’ve compiled a list of some of the key benefits.
The benefits of Role Play
- Social development – learning empathy (through playing doctors and vets)
- Helps relive feelings – expressing positive and negative feelings.
- Helps learn co-operation, sharing and responsibility.
- Boosts self-esteem and confidence
- Helps self-awareness
- Learn real-life events (such as shopping by playing shop keeper)
- Speech and Language Development – Communication skills
- Motor Development – Gross and Fine motor skills
- Cognitive Development – Problem Solving
All these benefits to role play will help your little one develop into an adult with the skills needed for daily life. So next time they want to play tea party ...again… let them and remember this is a part of them learning and developing.
Key toys for role playing
|Wooden Emergency Vehicles | £18 | 3+ Years|
|Cescar at the Vets | £33 | 10+ Months|
|Wooden Farmers Market | £65 | 3+ Years|
|Magnetic Play Scene - Space | £18 | 3+ Years|
|Amelie Soft Baby Doll | £34 | From Birth|
|Wooden Grand Kitchen | £165 | 3+ Years|
|Little Ambulance - Doctor Role Play Set | £43 | 18+ Months|
See our whole collection of role play toys by clicking 'here'.